The Jakarta Komodos Rugby Football Club (JKRFC) has been at the forefront of promoting and developing rugby within Indonesia and the wider Southeast Asian region since we began as ISCI Rugby in 1971.
Today, the Komodos are not only among Indonesia’s most decorated and esteemed senior team sides, but we are proud to have a respected team of veterans and a youth rugby development programme featuring competitive teams of all ages, as well as a girls’ age-group side.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Our youth programme includes the involvement of dozens of boys from the villages surrounding our training venue on the outskirts of Jakarta, while the girls’ rugby team draws its members from the Mama Sayang Orphanage. Both are front and centre in the Jakarta Komodo Rugby Football Club’s corporate social responsibility programme. The Komodos junior rugby programme continues to go from strength to strength thanks to a dedicated team of trained coaches, passionate parents and kids who love to play the game.
Competitions in Indonesia and Southeast Asia
The club is firmly embedded in the expatriate community in Indonesia and forms a cornerstone of rugby across the Indonesian archipelago. Events include the weekly club competition for the senior side and hosting both the Jakarta 10s and Jakarta 7s rugby tournaments. These showcase festivals feature teams from throughout Indonesia and Southeast Asia and provide excellent opportunities to not only illustrate what a great game rugby is and the depth of the passion involved, but for sponsors to promote goods and services among an important target demographic.
Tournaments form a vital part of each season, with matches already confirmed for the junior teams in Singapore and Malaysia for the new season. These tournaments cater to a range of budgets and are a great way for players of all ages – and indeed parents – to form bonds that will last lifetimes.
Get Involved Now
At the Jakarta Komodos Rugby Club we believe that the social interaction is (almost) as important as playing the great game itself. From the young women and boys in the local community and children in the age-group teams to the fearsome seniors and the hardened veterans, we are one club. From the beginnings of rugby in Indonesia, to the horror of the Bali bombing and emergence of the national Indonesian rugby team as a real force, we all come together with one common goal in mind: On Saturdays, the Komodos play RUGBY!
Member of Committee
- Chairman : Agus Djamhoer
- Treasurer : Daniel R Nugroho
- Secretary General : Jess Djamhoer
- Board of Advisors : Bill Ryan, Kyle Larson &Ahmed Fawzi
- Head of Program : Owen Evans
- Dept Head of Program : Julien Laurent
- Treasurer : Andy Prakarsa
- Secretary : Husin Wiwanto
- Social Membership : Julien Laurent
- Social Media : Daniel R Nugroho &Samuel Bulbeck
- Head Coach : Ryan Krause
- Sponsorship : Henco Moller
- Membership : Mike Goose Evans
- Merchandise : Timothy Bachtiar
- Tours : Bertrand Caille
- Social Events : Glen Williams
- Fixtures (2 man) : Andy Prakarsa
- Advisor (temp to sponsorship & Fixtures) : Kyle Larson
- Head of Program : Jess Djamhoer
- Dept Head of Program : Peter Dobson
- Treasurer : Lu Dobson
- Secretary : Marini Meadows
- Merchandise : Felicity Spurret
- Media & Publicity : Roy Simson & David Hewitt
- Membership : David Forsgate
- Sponsorship : David Braithwaite
- Tournament Manager : Sam Spurret
- Head Coach : Ahmed Fawzi
- Outreach Program : Agus Djamhoer
- Volunteer Program Coordinator : Sam Spurret
- External Relations : Jess Djamhoer