Jakarta Komodos Junior Rugby Club 2017-2018 Season Kicks Off Saturday
The Jakarta Komodos Junior Rugby Club 2017-2018 season kicks off with a traditional Western barbeque, refreshing beverages and a host of fun outdoor activities at the Jagorawi Golf and Country Club this Saturday (September, Aug 26th). The family friendly day is open to all potential players, boys and girls and young men and women, and their families.
The new season, the only dedicated junior rugby development programme in Indonesia, is open to mixed boys and girls teams in the Tots, Under 7s, Under 8s, Under 10s, Under 12s and Under 14s age groups, an Under 16 boys team and a team of young women, which features players from the Mama Sayang Orphanage.
“We have a super exciting season ahead as the Jakarta Komodos Junior Rugby Club continues to go from strength-to-strength across all our age groups,” said JKJRC chairperson Jess Djamhoer. “This Saturday we urge all potential players to come out and give rugby a go in a safe, secure and enjoyable environment in which we focus on active participation in the great outdoors.”
Jess, the newly elected co-chair of the wider Jakarta Komodos Rugby Club, which also comprises Senior and Veteran teams, said there was a great deal of excitement surrounding the new season, with the Komodos organizing an inaugural junior completion in Bali at the end of the month.
- Bali Junior Rugby 10s Tournament on September 23, 24
- Komodos Junior Women travelling to either Darwin or Singapore
- Rugby training camp in October
- Centaurs tournament in Singapore in December
- Bangkok 10s in February, 2018
- Jakarta 10s in May, 2018
- Tanglin Tournament in Singapore in May, 2018
The JKJRC prides itself on its affordability and value for money considering the length of the season, which runs from August 26 to May 12, 2018.
Jess said she was pleased to announce that fees would remain unchanged from the previous year:
- U9 and older – Rp3 million
- U8 and younger – Rp2,5 million
- Rugby tots – Rp1,5 million
- There is a discount of Rp500,000 for siblings
Age groups to year born are as follows from now until the end of December:
- Rugby Tots (mixed) – 2015 up to and including 2012
- U7 (mixed) – 2011 and 2010
- U8 (mixed) – 2009
- U9 & U10 (mixed) – 2008 and 2007 (Classed as U10)
- U11 & U12 (mixed) – 2006 and 2005 (Classed as U12)
- U13 & U14 (boys) – 2004 and 2003 (Classed as U14)
- U15 & U16 (boys) – 2002 and 2001 (Classed as U16)
- Girls team – 2005 to 1999
- U17 & U18 (mixed) – 2000 and 1999 (Classed as U18)
On the first Saturday, all parents (not the child) will be required to complete a registration form, waiver and child’s kit size. One form per child will be required.
Jess said the full coaching line-up of volunteers would be announced in the coming weeks, but as always would rely on the invaluable assistance of parents who wished to contribute to the running of the club or various fund-raising activities, which were vital to the Club’s ongoing ability to promote and develop grassroots rugby.
“This first Saturday we will also be kicking off the administration so would appreciate the ‘Team Parents’ help with this. For those who have yet to register, please register with us and you can pay the fee with cash.”
Food and drinks will be provided on Saturday, but Jess urged parents and supporters to bring plates of finger food, snacks, soft drinks and adult refreshments.
Mouth guards will be on sale on Saturday and range in price from Rp150,000 to Rp200,000 each.
Kick off is at 9:am at Jagorawi.